Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have just been presented with a State Sales Tax Lien from

Customer Question

Johnson I have just been presented with a State Sales Tax Lien from 1999
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was found by the Title Company during a background check for a Title Policy. We are the sellers $1,292.00
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I understand that you have a tax lien filed against your house. While you dont say so, I'm guessing it is for $1,292 back in 1999. What sort of help are you needing?

Doug

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Doug, yes I am assuming it was against my previous owned house. Did you see the uploaded file?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It looks to be for Sales Tax payment. I had no idea was due back then.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

I did not see any uploaded document. However, I do not review legal documents as part of providing you an answer to a question. You need to provide me with any facts that you want me to be aware of.

Alternatively, I can offer you a premium service of reviewing a document and then discuss these issues over the phone with you in a private conversation.

A sales tax lien generally comes from a business that you owned/operated---not from the sale of real property. What do you mean that you think the lien is related to a prior home you owned?

What state are you in?

Doug

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Texas
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

What sort of help are you needing?

What do you mean that you think the lien is related to a prior home you owned?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not directly related too...but I just called the Texas Comptroller Office and they said it had been forwarded to the Texas Attorney General Office for collections. But I don't know how long it has been there. I have never been contacted by anyone at the AG's office. Not sure if they have tacked on more fees since it been over 15 years ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug