Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have just been presented with a State Sales Tax Lien from

Customer Question

Johnson I have just been presented with a State Sales Tax Lien from 1999
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was found by the Title Company during a background check for a Title Policy. We are the sellers $1,292.00
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I understand that you have a tax lien filed against your house. While you dont say so, I'm guessing it is for $1,292 back in 1999. What sort of help are you needing?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Doug, yes I am assuming it was against my previous owned house. Did you see the uploaded file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks to be for Sales Tax payment. I had no idea was due back then.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

I did not see any uploaded document. However, I do not review legal documents as part of providing you an answer to a question. You need to provide me with any facts that you want me to be aware of.

Alternatively, I can offer you a premium service of reviewing a document and then discuss these issues over the phone with you in a private conversation.

A sales tax lien generally comes from a business that you owned/operated---not from the sale of real property. What do you mean that you think the lien is related to a prior home you owned?

What state are you in?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Texas
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

What sort of help are you needing?

What do you mean that you think the lien is related to a prior home you owned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not directly related too...but I just called the Texas Comptroller Office and they said it had been forwarded to the Texas Attorney General Office for collections. But I don't know how long it has been there. I have never been contacted by anyone at the AG's office. Not sure if they have tacked on more fees since it been over 15 years ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug