Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

If I move out do I lose rights to my home

Customer Question

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Debra. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you clarify the situation for me? I'm presuming you are married and you're referring to your marital home...is that correct? Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
correct
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your quick response. Sorry for the short delay...I have a new puppy and she needed to go outside! Thanks for your patience!

No, you do not give up any rights in your house. This house is legally owned by each of you equally and whether or not you are occupying the house, your ownership continues. The only way you give up your rights in the house is to sign a deed giving up your ownership. Until and unless that happens, your rights remain yours!

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!