ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

How do I sign "under duress" "U.D.", "V.C." before or after

Customer Question

How do I sign "under duress" "U.D.", "V.C." before or after my name?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. There's no "legal standard" to sign under duress. That is, there's no magic language that will make it though you were signing under duress. Rather, under duress is a "question of fact" for the court to determine in light of the facts. Now you can certainly write out "under duress" (I would make it as clear as possible so that you could show it to the jury and not have to explain what "U.D." or "V.C." means). But even putting it as clear as "under duress" doesn't mean that the court has to determine that it really was under duress. It just means at the time that you signed it you wanted to express what you felt.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

I see that you still have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!

Was there anything else? Again, please note that this question remains open until you rate it 3 or more stars on your screen.