Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

A year now I am being followed and the number of people are

Customer Question

for about a year now I am being followed and the number of people are increasing. they take pictures at times, and sometimes I hear a droid type sound like my Grandson has this toy that can video count. They somehow tie to the military I saw a married man 1 time that was in the military and that was 3 years ago. No matter what time I leave for work they seem to know and I used to see papers hanging from their sun visors they would keep looking at, they know my schedule and the stops I frequent they are normally already there when I stop. I do not know what to do. I am 60 years old and live alone. They go up and down the road I live on making sure I am at home. My daughter has noticed and they have followed us out to eat before, and now she does not let the Grand Children come because she says to dangerous. I don't know who they are or what they want or what they are looking for? I have become a hermit just staying home all the time trying not to deal with so much stress. I hired a detective but they stay back when he is around. He has not been able to give me much information. Help please, I cannot cry any more nor can I keep avoiding friends and family for fear they will catch on and become afraid. I sleep less and less at night worrying.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties. An intrusion of this magnitude would not be lawful unless justified by a warrant based on probable cause that surveillance would yield evidence of very serious criminal activity. Otherwise the intrusion would be simply pointless and entirely improper.

The difficulty is, as you have already found for yourself through your private investigator's efforts, such surveillance can be difficult to prove. Even you don't seem to know who is behind it or to be able to show the authorities evidence which would allow them to see for themselves what you are experiencing. They cannot stop what they cannot see and cannot hold anyone responsible for.

Until you can show irrefutable evidence that what you are complaining about is actually happening to you, all of the agencies, organizations, and people you would try to contact are going to turn a deaf ear to your problem and tell you it's a mental health problem. So, you need to start collecting evidence that others can see as well as you see this for yourself. Until you can provide the authorities with this concrete evidence that you are a target of surveillance, nobody is going to be in a position to stop this. You should be taking photos and videos and/or recordings, when you have evidence of this surveillance for example. You can put an inexpensive surveillance system in your home that's responsive to sounds and movements. When you're armed with sufficient evidence, reporting these activities to the police or FBI should get you some relief.

Good luck!