Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

First, I am. I believe I have a violation of my civil

Customer Question

First, I am white. I believe I have a violation of my civil rights. I have had a Colorado Medical Marijuana Certificate for several years. Now because of my certificate I am losing my Colorado Concealed Weapons Permit. I am mobility impaired and have been threatened on several occasions. Do I have a case. T.A. Fera ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, you have no case. Presently the law in Colorado requires that medical marijuana users are unable to have a concealed weapons permit. The justification behind that is that marijuana is illegal under Federal law and regular use of illicit drugs will cost a person his Federal firearms rights.

There's a movement to try to change Colorado's law to remedy this, and the possibility of such an amendment is up for a vote on the 2016 ballot. You can read more about this here.