LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I have an 11 year old first time offender that followed a 12

Customer Question

I have an 11 year old first time offender that followed a 12 and 14 year old onto property and did damage and took $12. It is filed in Rogers County Oklahoma. What is maximum?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Cyndi,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Almost certainly, your child will be placed on a form of probation (but will not be sent to detention based on a first offense) and will be ordered to pay restitution for the damages. As the parent, you may be expected to pay for a share of the damage caused as well, based on Oklahoma's law which holds that parents of a child who intentionally damages property can be forced to pay up to $2,500 in damages caused by their minor child.

That is really all that you can expect to happen in the juvenile court when this case is handled and concluded.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug