How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33904
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Best Buy credit card dinged my credit reports lowering my

Customer Question

Best Buy credit card dinged my credit reports lowering my Fico. I never used the card and they dinged me for a late payment. The fraudulent charge was $262.00. I attemted to reason with them to no avail
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can sue them (Best Buy) for this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want them to clean up my credit reports or I will ask you to help me with a lawsuit
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

You can...that is, under the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) if Best Buy is reporting negative information that is NOT accurate?

You can sue them to collect $1000 AND attorney fees.

The "And attorney fees" is the key...there are lawyer who will take these cases because they know the law allows them to take the case on contingency, they know they will get paid if they take the case.

I would contact a local attorney who specializes in FCRA cases and let them bring a lawsuit to get this corrected

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding