Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I was renting my home yrs when I met someone, she then

Customer Question

I was renting my home for 8 yrs when I met someone, she then bought a house and wanted me to move in. I gave my house up and we've been together in our new home for 6mths, she now wants a break from the relationship and wants me to move out. Although the mortgaga is in her name, I assist with all the bills etc, get my mail here, drivers license, etc... DO I have to just pick up and leave or do I have rights? Thank you for your time
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You are a month to month tenant.She has to give you 30 days written notice and file to evict you.This gives you at least a little time to make other arrangements.You are correct you have rights, the month will give you time to look and move.I know it isn't a lot but you have at least this long here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Sorry you are having to go through all of this.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your response.. I was told this by others but hearing from a Lawyer confirms it. Thank you...
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

You are so welcome.Thanks.