Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

A company in Frankfort, Ill, 60423 has neglected to refund

Customer Question

A company in Frankfort, Ill, 60423 has neglected to refund my money for a canceled order. How can I make them return my money?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Good morning James. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

What you want to do in this situation is to raise the stakes on them. Send them a certified, return receipt requested letter detailing the history and demand they refund your money in full. Inform them that if they do not comply with your demand within a short specified period of time, you will have no choice but to file a suit for your damages. BUT, be sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as fraud and deceptive trade practice causes of action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times your actual damages as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit. Even if you have to file the suit, that's likely all you will need do. In my experience, they will settle this without a hearing rather than risk punitive damages and the fraud and/or deceptive trade practice judgments being on the record.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!