Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.
22033236

I am a 59 year old college student and am receiving a small

Customer Question

I am a 59 year old college student and am receiving a small amount of social security benefits.My husband died in 2013 and I was left with his debt even though we were divorced before his death .I am a constant victim of identity theft and have been denied light service do to the person who did it was identified after the investigation in 2014 I am in a new place but don't have the 883.00 there are asking for .What advice or help can you give for this situation?
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry for the trouble you are having. First when you say his debt, are you on the debt? Do those creditors have a legal right to pursue you? You are not obligated to pay for the debts of others if you are not contractually bound. So if it is not your debt, I don't say this lightly, but why should you pay it? No one is helping you it appears. The identity theft is the responsibility of the companies that hold your information. Please let me know the circumstances of the debt so I can advise further. I have not sympathy for large companies that pick the bones of everyday people. So please let me know. Bot***** *****ne, if not your debt don't pay. I can advise further how to handle if you want. Good luck. Please rate me if possible.

call me please(###) ###-####/p>

I apologize please disregard-Sean

Inadvertently pulled up your account.