Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.
22033236

I am interested in determining if a Notice Of Intent to Sue

Customer Question

I am interested in determining if a Notice Of Intent to Sue is applicable prior to a Civil private persons (non municipal) would be applicable and how long I would have from the time of the last notice of demand.
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 9 months ago.

Hi, hope things are ok with you. OK so yes the intent to sue is applicable to private persons. Now there are two notices. One notice is a potential entity planning to sue and is sending a warning-aka- notice to the other party. This is a requirement for the court so they can say, "hey we told them we were going to sue"-this applies to anyone going into court. The other is a notice sent with a motion for something already with the court. Usually motions are required to have a notice separately drafted but sent with the motion. Either way the notice is valid in my experience. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask me. Here to help. If this ha been ok please rate me. Thanks, Sean