Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Public trust jobs? is public trust linked to an agency? I am

Customer Question

hi public trust jobs ? is public trust linked to an agency ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am a consultant and I have a public trust clearance from Agency -A where I am working now, I applied for another position as a consultant in other agency-B (part time) which require public trust, if I accept the offer will it effect my employment with Agency-A ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

No assuming that there is no conflict between the two jobs.Each comes with its own requirements and that includes public trust for each.As long as these positions do not cause either employer conflicts I do not see this as a problem.Many folks have two jobs these days I fully understand the need for extra income and security.I don't see this as a problem.You need to make sure job A's HR that you have a second position and there are no employer rules against it.If they are ok here it should not be a problem.

Thanks again for the chance to help today, good luck with both jobs.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Ray, when I accept the job in Agency-2 the agency is going to use my existing public trust ? or they will start a new clearance process ?
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

They likely run there own here.Its a CYA for them to do this personally. Thanks for letting me help you today.