Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

How much does it cost to appeal a Texas county court

Customer Question

How much does it cost to appeal a Texas county court verdict?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Are you asking what a lawyer charges for an appeal, what the costs are in filing fees, or what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What the Texas county court charges, filing fees and etc. (total cost)
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

The fees are set forth in Government Code Sec. 101.041 which you can see at http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/GV/htm/GV.101.htm

The basic filing fee is $100. However, you also have to pay for copying the transcript (copies of written documents) to be sent to the Court of Appeals from the County Clerk and they charge $1 per page, with a minimum of $5. Then if you desire a Statement of Facts (the written copy of what was said in court) the court reporter charges for that as well. The cost for the Statement of Facts isn't set by statute and varies depending on the number of pages and which court reporter is doing it. You would have to check with the specific court reporter to get the amount in your case.

Most counties also charge an additional fee of $25 that goes to the indigent fund and an additional $20 that goes into the electronic filing fund.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.