Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

The legal issue is with Capital not wanting to rescind a

Customer Question

The legal issue is with Capital not wanting to rescind a charge for services not rendered from a company. I am trying to help my 84 yr old dad
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no i have not and i meant to say Capital One Credit card
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I first need to know how much this will cost me
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your father never received service, your first step is to try to resolve it by contacting them by phone and getting a supervisor, not a regular representative on the phone. If you cannot resolve it by phone, you need to send a letter to them stating that no service was provided and as such the charge is invalid and in breach of contract. Tell them if they refuse to cancel the charge, you would sue them for damages caused by them breaching the contract and failing to provide service they are charging for. If they still refuse, your next step is contacting the Attorney General's consumer protection unit and filing a complaint and in most cases they can resolve the matter. If they cannot resolve the issue, then the final option is you can sue them, but generally it will end up resolved by the first two options.