LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Medical bills expenses but not divorce couple? Thank you,

Customer Question

Medical bills expenses for separated but not divorce couple ? Thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: How do you mean? If the wife gets sick and goes 2 te ER do I have 2 pay that cuz we are getting divorced we don't leave together
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I handle family law issues.

Under CA law, the moment that you separated all the income that each of you earned was your personal property. And likewise, any medical expenses you incurred were also your personal bills and the other spouse is not obligated to pay them.

You wrote: If the wife gets sick and goes 2 te ER do I have 2 pay that cuz we are getting divorced we don't leave together No, in this case the bills would be solely your wife's and she will be legally responsible to pay them.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good evening,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug