John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

I was sued other than personal earning, what that means and

Customer Question

Hi, i was sued for garnish other than personal earning, what that means and are they allowed to hold a credit card has my name but in fact im authorized user only not primary card holder. I dont have house under my name, or car and my checking account is less than 400. Is there away they can take money from the credit card that my friend gave me to use as athourized user only? Thank you
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Garnishment is the process of having a court order that something of yours be taken by court order to satisfy a cash judgment; in whole or in part. A credit account / card cannot be garnished. Only accounts in which you have cash or equity. Nor can retirement

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.