Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a small business working in the gospel music

Customer Question

I have a small business working in the gospel music industry. I represent several groups in doing their scheduling so they will have a venue to go to to sing. Some groups I have worked with I got to sign a contract for at least two years. I have worked with a group for about 3 years and after 3 years they went with another agency. At that time, they did pay me all that they owed me. About a year and 1/2 ago, they called me again & wanted me to work with them again and our verbal agreement was that they would continue to pay me 15% of everything they worked. They decided to leave again and left me owing @$7000 - $8000.00 and refuse to pay because they claim they do not have a signed contract. I have all the contract agreements with all the venues where they worked the dates. Would I be able to take them to court & be able to get what is owed me?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me - and this is important - did the contract have an END DATE? If so, was it within one year? Two years? (May or may not have been renewable). Or was it open ended, without an end date?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry; allow me to rephrase that. What I meant was, from when to when did you and them have this verbal contract before they decided to break it and leave? Please provide the approximate dates. Thank you.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!