Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My name is ***** ***** and I have a issue with my web

Customer Question

Hi, My name is ***** ***** and I have a issue with my web designer/developer.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
In July, 2014, I hired a web developer to create my website. He created my site within 4 months. In about 4 months later, per his suggestion, we decided to clone the initial site. Year later the clone site is still in development status while I paid in full a long time ago. Back in September, 2015, I decided to have another site created by the same person. At that time our business relationship was perfect. At the time of our agreement, the developer informed me that it will take anywhere between 4-6 months for him to complete the site. The price agreed to was $10,299.00. At the beginning of October, 2015, the developer informed me that the new site might be ready before the end of the year. By December, 2015, I paid $10,000.00. Since then, the developer started to have some problems with his employees, or at least that’s what he claimed, and as a result, neither my clone site or the new site has been completed as of yet. Making matter worse, the developer continually is asking for more money and he has changed the server from wordfence to open cart, and from open cart to wordfence twice already. All away up until now, I had an access to the clone site and the new site while under development, but a few days ago, my developer closed my access. He is currently asking for additional $1,530.00, and he is treating me that if I don't pay this amount within 15 days, he will refrain himself from further work on my sites. Please advise.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a written agreement with this individual?

I would like to help you but I need some additional information.