Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I purchased windows home, and I did not get what I wanted,

Customer Question

I purchased windows for my home, and I did not get what I wanted, they added framing to the top side of the glass instead of it being in the glass, aslo the wood on the inside is not finished, it is just plain wood.
On their web site it states that the wood is ready to be stained or painted if you so desire. They had about 8 different kinds of wood to choose from, I did think that by choosing a certain wood type that it was a finished product.
My sales Rep agrees that I did not receive exactly what I wanted, but he also is saying that I got an upgraded window design and there isn't much he can do for me, I am in a hard spot because I cannot just return the windows, do I have any options, they are willing to give me a $500 discount but that is all, having the windows painted or stained would cost more than that.
I like the windows except for the interior grids, it makes it a real pain to clean the glass.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you didn't get the product you ordered/contracted for, then you should have the right to demand the contractor to make things right.......and if it will not do this, your only real options would be to sue for the cost to remove and replace the windows with what you actually ordered/contracted for.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

It would be in the company's best interest to try and resolve this with you by either giving you a discount based on the cost difference between the two products and also something for your dissatisfaction or by removing what they installed and putting in the right windows that you ordered.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask them below. Thanks.