Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I'm a victim of donestic violence when I finally left m I

Customer Question

I'm a victim of donestic violence when I finally left him I wanted to get education unfortunately I chose ati career training center because I wanted to be a nurse but needed a course with less time to have income I had a 1 year old at the time I started ati on mcnab and 31st ftlauderdale Florida 33309 location of school well they didn't train me how to draw blood or anything really before I started ati was attending Broward community college to become a Registered nurse and I needed to graduate in less time so I went to ati because they promised a job end of course I graduated magma cumlatte made resume after 2 years of hitting the pavement and being laughed or judged unaware of schools reputation I thought it was Me caused me finacial and psychological damage I enrolled 2010 graduated 2011 the career cordinator smelt of alcohol they never placed me at a job as promised i want to file or join a class action suit can u please help me with this or information on how I could thank you for your time and cooperation
Sincerely,
CristinVaden@ yahoo.com (###) ###-####
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your only recourse here is to file suit against the school in breach of contract and misrepresentation/fraud. You would have to sue the school to recover any money you spent with them. You would need a local consumer protection attorney to file suit. Once they file suit, they will seek out other graduates and see if they had the same issues as you and wish to join the suit, that is how a class action is eventually formed.
You can locate a local consumer protection attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org and http://www.lexmund.com
Most times they will take this case on a contingency basis, meaning they will not get paid unless they are able to win something.
In addition to suing, you need to file a complaint with the FL Attorney General against them for unfair and deceptive business practices and fraud and have them investigate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ty
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.