Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

A Dallas District Court rendered a default judgment against

Customer Question

A Dallas District Court rendered a default judgment against me; but I was never served; so the appellant court reversed and remanded it. Now I am trying to sell some real property and this judgment is still showing as valid. I don't know what to do.
JA: I'm the Lawyer's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I was working for a company as assistant to the COO, and signed a document as his assistant. The creditor took that as a guarantor. The business I worked for filed for bankruptcy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What happened on remand? If it was remanded it had to go back to court is it still pending in court?