Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I ordered a new mother home in October it came in, in

Customer Question

I ordered a new mother home in October it came in, in December went and payed for it and looked at it, there were a few things that didn't work, left it to get it fixed. Two months later called they said they were waiting for a part, we waited another two weeks and did not hear from them. Went in to see what was going on said they were still waiting for the part that they would fix what they could and we could take it and bring it back when the part was in. Toke it home and three days later toke it for a ride and water poured down from above the drivers set. Took it back and made a appointment to talk to the manegar. What rights do I have? A new one, my money back, or just to be fixed !
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Is this a vehicle that you purchased new? Do you know if it's still under warranty? How much does the motor home weigh?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this is a new motorhome and is still under warranty i don't what it weighs but is 31 feet long
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you.

Utah DOES have a new vehicle lemon law that applies to motor homes, but it only applies to ones that weigh less than 12,000 pounds. Check the manufacturer's website and the paperwork you got from the sale to see if you can verify that it comes in under those limits. You could also call the manufacturer or dealer to see if they can tell you.

Assuming that it IS under 12,000 pounds, the lemon law says that a person has a right to get the vehicle replaced IF it has been out of commission based on the same problem 4 or more times OR it must have been out of service for more than 30 days after you bought it. Note that if the manufacturer has set up any sort of arbitration program, you're required to follow it before you can file a Lemon Law complaint. Usually, if there is one, it's noted in the back of the owner's manual. That's your starting point. The problems must be something that materially affects the safety, use, or market value of the vehicle. Water pouring from the ceiling is going to do that. You'd just need to be able to establish that all of the other repairs did the same. Time spent in the shop waiting ONLY minor repairs would not be counted toward the 30 days.

If the manufacturer will not replace the vehicle, you can file a complaint with the state through their website.

http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/consumerinfo/automobiles.html

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.