Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Recently i was served with a no contact order at my

Customer Question

hi recently i was served with a no contact order at my residence where i was an in home caretaker and had a year lease. I had 2 hours to move out all of my belongings and what i had to leave there was thrown out by my landlords daughter and son. My landlord is also the elderly man that i was caring for and he did not want me to leave. They threw everthing out into the street and since i couldnt be within 500 feet of the house i could'nt do anything about it. they threw out all of my daughters baby pictures and so many irreplacable items. I haven't stopped crying since this has happened. I have court on March 4th at 10:30 am at the king county superior court. I also have a signed caretaker agreement. Is there anything i can do
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They COULD NOT just throw out your property that you did not have time to remove under the protective order terms. They had to allow you time and opportunity to return with law enforcement or to send someone to pick up your belongings. Since they did not do so, you can file a civil suit against them for the value of the property lost, including the irreplaceable items, which you have to be able to put some monetary value on.