RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

My son works dealership and Nicole worker falsely accused m

Customer Question

My son works for Chrysler dealership and Nicole worker falsely accused him of harassing her when he got her the job and he does not talk to her that's not harass her she has no proof no phone records no emails no text no nothing but they fired him because she said that he was her asking her so I wanted to know if there's anything that he can do and she still employed and she did not have a stocking report or anything fall through the police
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Chrysler dealership says they have an at-will policy and there was never a conference between him and the young lady and there's no police report filed against him from the young lady it was just hearsay
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

Since your son was an at will employee, legally, his employer can terminate him for any reason, or even no reason at all, as long as it is not based on his race, religion, age, sex, disability or national origin. None of those appear to be the case here. Although they terminated him on a false claim, they could just as easily fire him because it was raining out. As I said, legally it doesn't matter, unfortunately.

That said, he may have a civil claim (lawsuit( against the other employee for defamation. Defamation occurs when a person intentionally or negligently makes a false statement or statements about someone to a third party, which results in damages. Damages are often hard for people to prove in a defamation claim, but here his damages would be the loss of his job and income.

If you have no further follow-up questions regarding this matter, kindly remember to leave me a positive rating (3-5 stars/happy faces) as that is the only way experts on this site are paid for their time and expertise, even if you placed a deposit. If you do have follow-up questions, please reply, and I'll be more then happy to assist you until satisfied.

Thank you!

If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist you further. Otherwise, please remember to leave me a positive rating (3-5 stars) prior to signing out, as that is the only way experts on this site are compensated for our time and expertise, even if you have already paid a deposit to the site. Thank you.