Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My ex girlfriend is on the lease. We broke up right after

Customer Question

My ex girlfriend is on the lease. We broke up right after signing a 1 year lease last August. She stole my car last Wednesday, she also charged $500 to my credit card.
I want to try to avoid her getting a theft charge on her record, but only if I can get her to come to a reasonable agreement.
What I want is for her to sign off of the lease, return my car, and sign some sort of legally binding document that says she has no right or access to my car going forward, so that if she were to take it again, I can legally report it stolen.
How much would it cost to just get assistance with securing the proper legal paperwork for this?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Jared. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

What you will want her to sign is a Settlement and Release Agreement. I can provide you a template of this document for you, I can do that for you through the Additional Services option offered by JustAnswer. If that would be helpful, let me know and I'll extend that offer and you can then decide whether or not to accept. Fair enough?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Richard, thanks for responding.I am interested in seeing what you have to offer!
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

You're very welcome. I will extend that offer to you now. You should receive it shortly.