Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I signed a finance contract used car with Gettel Toyota of

Customer Question

I signed a finance contract for a used car with Gettel Toyota of Lakewood. I have Lupus and was suffering from a flare at the time. They gave me the car as a loaner and the next day demanded that I sign finance agreements. I had only 1 hour of sleep and was suffering from mania due to my lupus and stress of dealing with my son who was very ill. I told them that I did not have time to read the documents, that I was trusting them because I had purchased 1 new Rav4 and 1 2015 Lexus Nx used. The finance manager not only did not change his voice mail message to the correct person, but also screwed up the motor vehicle plate information. They had Suntrust as the Lender. However I was contacted a few weeks after purchase by Wells Fargo that they were the lender. I had no documents saying this. Wells fargo is going to sell the vehicle at private sale. They picked it up from the dealer where I dropped it off along with both sets of keys. The vehicle was driven only approximately 100 miles and Gettel refused to take it back at either of their loctions. I filed complaints with the BBB and Dept. Highway Safety, and FTC motor vehicle fraud division. I received a letter back providing the bond information for Gettel which should cover the difference between the finance price and the sales price. No lawyer locally wants to handle the case because they claim I have no damages, but I was ill at the time, and I hate Wells Fargo because they made my neighbor move from Franklin TN to Colorado when his son was in remission for bone cancer, and then fired him six months after the relocation to Colorado.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?