Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I am currently a customer of Sprint Wireless and they are

Customer Question

I am currently a customer of Sprint Wireless and they are overbilling me for the contract I agreed too. I was told my total bill would be only $189.00 on two separate occasions and am being billed $269.00. I have called many times to have my phone recordings pulled and the request is still pending. They said they would have them pulled within 10-15 days and it has now been over a month. Do I have a case or not? I am completely fed up with them as of now.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Do you have anything in writing showing the correct monthly billing amount?

Is amount billed different from the amount showing on your copy of the contract with Sprint?

Please clarify.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of our conversations and the amount I was told was over the phone when I contacted Customer Service. They are the ones that supposedly adjusted my bill to the amount I was willing to pay of $189.00. The Bills I received have all been for $269.00 or more. This is why I have requested for them to pull my phone recordings and the request has now been pending for over a month. I am positive of what they told me my bill would be. I have called multiple times to try and get an answer so I do not have to keep paying these ridiculous bills, but no one has contacted me.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you obtain the name of the Sprint representative you spoke to who made this verbal assurance? Also, did you request for the rep to send you confirmation via email or mail of any changes / reductions promised to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I can obtain their rep ID numbers thought by contacting Sprint. They do have logs of everyone I spoke too. Would it be too hard to request the phone records and recordings through the courts? All of my case revolves around the conversations I had with them over the phone.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally, unless any assurances / promises for a reduced / lower rate was in writing, such verbal promise / assurance would not be legally binding on the company and thus, there would generally not be any legal recourse in a similar situation.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.