Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My attorney has represented me poorly, and all he has done

Customer Question

My attorney has represented me poorly, and all he has done is email and text pleas arranged with the other side. Never presented case law that could defend my merit and protect my company. How do I find charges to prepare a law suit against him and his firm for the lack of representing their client.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Are you asking as to how you can find a local legal malpractice attorney?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As to my question what advice can stir me towards if he is right or wrong

Unfortunately, the scope of service is limited to general answers to JustAnswer.com customers' legal questions, so I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you and wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for your bad experience with your attorney. You have two routes that you can pursue simultaneously. You need to contact the Delaware State Bar ethics grievance committee and file a complaint if the attorney has failed to represent you adequately. This can lead to license suspension or debarment for egregious conduct. Here is their website. http://courts.delaware.gov/odc/

Second, you can file a claim that is called legal or professional malpractice wherein you simply explain how they failed to represent you. I always suggest having an attorney represent you because you do not want to lose the case on some sort of procedural technicality. Let me know if you have any additional questions.