MyVirtualCPA
MyVirtualCPA,
23669918

We live in Kansas City, MO & want to apply precheck,

Customer Question

We live in Kansas City, MO & want to apply for TSA precheck, domestic only. Will our interview be in St . Louis or is there a location closer to Kansas City?
Expert:  MyVirtualCPA replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. The nearest applications to Kansas City MO are as follows:

Lenexa, KS

11.8 mi

8819 Long St

Lees Summit, MO

16.1 mi

2741 NE McBaine Dr

Topeka, KS

62.1 mi

2121 SW Chelsea Dr

Pittsburg, KS

114.9 mi

410 E Atkinson Ave

Columbia, MO

121.5 mi

601 Business Loop 70 W

https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/apply go to that link and click the "find an application center"

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't need to know where the application centers are - – I have that information already. I need to know where the interview centers are as they are not always where the application centers are. Our neighbors recently applied for a global pre-check & had to go to St. Louis for their interviews. We do not want a global pre-check, we only want the domestic pre-check & wonder if we have to go to St. Louis for our interviews or if there is an interview location closer to Kansas City.

Thank you for the follow up. Unfortunately, St Louis is where you would go.

Also, in all actuality Global Entry is quicker - which is international and domestic. Precheck is $15 cheaper, but takes longer. If you value the cost savings then it's fine, but I wanted you to be aware that it could take longer to get Precheck than it does Global Entry, which includes Precheck. You never know -- you may just take that mediterranean cruise one day you've been dreaming about.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is just what I needed to know plus some very helpful additional info about the domestic app being more time-consuming than the global one. Since we have to go to St. Louis anyway, we may as well go for the global! Thanks for your info.
Debby

You're welcome -- please let me know if you need anything else. If not, please rate positive.