Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I would like to know if a no contact order is valid in

Customer Question

I would like to know if a no contact order is valid in another state say far away? Or is it just valid or punishable in the state it's issued this one being Washington state?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Jo,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

A no contact order can only be enforced in the state in which it is is issued and a no contact order from one state cannot be served on a person residing in another state.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh my god! Why didn't our LAWYER tell us this? I paid $1,000.00 for absolutely nothing! He lost miserably! YOU RE WONDERFUL! I've been crying with shock and relief and happiness since reading your awesome answer! How much do you charge to get a no contact order lowered to non hostile or dropped completely? It's been over 3 years, this time around, and we only have two to go. Two too many! We are both employed, doing well, but we want to be together, here in Washington
. If you are interested in representing us, let me know. You have my email, and my number is(###) ###-####you may text me on that one. It just makes me so mad that the lawyer failed to mention anything about him being in another state, in fact, he said I wasn't supposed to talk to him at all. So I can't talk to him if I'm I. Washington and he's like in New York? But I can go to New York and kiss him? I don't get it! Stupid, stupid law. It should pertain to each individual case, that's my opinion, my frustrated, lonely, aching heart , opinion ! Thank You! Jo
Us treated
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jo,

While I cannot represent you because JustAnswer prohibits us attorneys from representing customers of the site. I can however call and speak with you, I will offer you that to you for a very nominal additional charge after I get this posted to your question thread.

You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When will a Judge lower or drop it? I took letters from my family saying he hadn't used any abusive language or any physical abuse in years and that they would like to see us together, from everyone we knew, professionally and personally, I thought I had it wrapped up, that was the first attempt, me all alone....the second was this stupid Lawyer who took my money then said he was representing him, told me not to come to court date, which I think was a mistake , and told my boyfriend to get rid of me!! How DARE HE! This was none other then Mr. Howard Comfort. Schister. I was extremely angry when my boyfriend told me his outcome. Oh, it's "NO PROBLEM" to get lowered, as he took my money and pushed me out the door saying he had another appt., I had all the documents with me, ready to show him the history, and never got the chance. What a waste of money that was. I had lost all faith in Lawyers until now. Thank You. Thank You more than you know. Keep helping! 😀👏
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Are you interested in the call? You didn't say.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but not right now, can I get back with you later today? I have to go to work! Thank You!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be back before 4 pm
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jo,

Of course, I am able to call you about 4 PM today. Before I can call though you will have to accept the call offer I made.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me tomorrow at about 1pm?!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I have a concern, in that I've had no contact from you in almost a week. The lack of continuity of our discussion suggests to me that perhaps I am not the best professional to assist you at this point.

Consequently, I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature. I am certain that you will find someone to call you if and when you accept a phone call offer.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and I wish you well in your future.

Doug

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you still need assistance please let me know.