Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

MY MOTORHOME WAS TOWED FROM PRIVATE PROPERTY WHERE IT WAS

Customer Question

MY MOTORHOME WAS TOWED FROM PRIVATE PROPERTY WHERE IT WAS PARKED WITH THE OWNERS PERMISSION. SHE ORDERED THE TOW. THE MOTOR HOME WAS DAMAGED DURING THE TOW. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE. IWAS NOT NOTIFIED UNTIL 5 DAYS AFTER THE TOW AND PRESENTED WITH A $1500.00 BILL.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 12 months ago.

If you were lawfully on the private property and you were not asked to move the motor home prior to it being towed, then the land owner that requested the motor home be towed in technically responsible for the monetary and physical damage that you and your property have incurred.

If you were there without permission or were asked to move it and did not, then you are responsible for the damages and money.

Therefore, if you were not asked and it was towed, unlawfully, you can sue the land owner in small claims court to get your money back for the damages and fees incurred as a result of this action.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars).

Best wishes going forward.

By the way, I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience.

Just checking in with you to make sure that all is well. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks