Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm ***** *****. I'm trying to figure out if I need a

Customer Question

Hi there! I'm ***** *****. I'm trying to figure out if I need a license in Philadelphia to give people training advice, like for fitness classes or on a personal training basis
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a bodywork business and am taking more and more classes on movement therapy that I wish to recommend to my clients and I want to make sure I'm "allowed to"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

There is currently no licensing requirement for fitness experts/personal trainers in Pennsylvania. However, there is a non-profit organization, National Council on Strength and Fitness ("NCSF"), that offers certification program to fitness experts. It is strongly suggested that you get certified before giving people training advice. For more information on the NCSF, click on the link below:

https://www.ncsf.org/certexam/