Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My name is ***** ***** Francis - I live in Denver, CO. I am

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** Francis - I live in Denver, CO. I am trying to determine if we have a three day right to cancel a contract for home appliance repair - may wife signed an invoice to receive appliance repair service with a 25% cancellation fee - we subsequently called the manufacturer and they told us that there is a known defect in the appliance and they would repair it for free. Unfortunately the appliance repair company did not inform us that the appliance had a known manufacturers defect and will not allow us to cancel without paying the 25% cancellation fee which is $228. Does the FTC three day coo.ing off rule apply here?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I live in Denver, CO. I am trying to determine if we have a three day right to cancel a contract for home appliance repair - may wife signed an invoice to receive appliance repair service with a 25% cancellation fee - we subsequently called the manufacturer and they told us that there is a known defect in the appliance and they would repair it for free. Unfortunately the appliance repair company did not inform us that the appliance had a known manufacturers defect and will not allow us to cancel without paying the 25% cancellation fee which is $228. Does the FTC three day coo.ing off rule apply here?Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/law/3u7gp-day-right-recission-state-colorado.html#ixzz412OIwJze
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that the 3 day right of rescission applies to door to door type unsolicited type sales, but for this type of contract according to the CO Attorney General is not one covered situation. However, if there was a recall and the company was negligent in knowing that there was or did not check, then this negligence is good cause for you to sue them for breach of contract in negligence. You could take them to small claims for that without an attorney.