Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

In Arkansas, can I be sued by my husbands actions? The

Customer Question

In Arkansas, can I be sued by my husbands actions? The incident happened the other night when he had been drinking excessively all week. He was playfully dragging my 14 year old granddaughter by her feet on the wooden floor. She later wanted him to let go but he wouldn't. I got up and got up against him and said let her go. They left to go get pizza and he was going out the door to go as he said, "take care of things." I got in the front of the door and to keep him from going out. He grabbed my shirt to pull be away from the door. He never succeeded in going out but he was cussing at me. The was so out of character for him. He has always been a gentle, loving person. But I called 911. Now I am afraid that my granddaughters mother is going to try and sue me or him or both of us. Is this possible?
Expert:  Sam replied 9 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

No. You cannot be sued for the actions of a spouse unless you were a participant. Or if you are on the title of say a vehicle that was in an accident.

However, I am not sure why you are worried about being sued. Was your granddaughter injured?

Expert:  Sam replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a positive rating ensures I get credit for my time and information in this regard.

Expert:  Sam replied 9 months ago.

Thank you