Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

2 months after I started Medicare A and part I notice my

Customer Question

2 months after I started Medicare A and part B I notice my Part B bill was quite high. I called the medicare number given on the bill. A female employee came on the lione. I asked her why I was paying so much. She said it was because I was working. I told her I was an a retired annuitant but that I had health insurance through my retirement. She told me I didn't need Part B and its silly to pay so much when I didn't have to. She urged me to write a letter and drop B to sign up after I quit working for good. Well I then had no health coverage for appointments, tests, annual work, preventive care, and a surgery for basal cell cancer. I had gone back to the social security office and the supervisor said I couldn't sign up for B cause I already had it and that if one of the employees gave me wrong information I would be reinstated without penalty and the health care bills would be paid, per past experience. I have put in two appeals, both denied and last October I requested a hearing. When I call to see what happened Im told they are looking at it. That was October 2015, this is the end of February 2016. I then was told I needed a form for that and it would probably take years long to end. What should I do. I received more bills after the 2015 open enrollment that I was told not to do by the Napa office supervisor. Please help Holly Johnson
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

At this time, I would suggest that you contact your Congressional Delegation for assistance. You need to contact Senators Boxer and Feinstein, and your Representative for assistance. After two appeals and a pending hearing that you cannot get the status of, you need to escalate the matter to your lawmakers. Click on the links below for their contact information:

http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/senators_cfm.cfm?State=CA

http://www.house.gov/representatives/#state_ca