Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I just got a bill to months premium due = $240.00 Conseco

Customer Question

I just got a bill to for 2 months premium due = $240.00 for my Conseco Life insurance. I was paying only $60.00 a month. I did not get an explanation of why the premiums increased. I have been battling with this company since september to draw funds from the correct bank account. (had to close the account where the original ACH was coming from but gave them the new account to withdraw frunds. To date I have not heard from them. I have sent checks to cover and was also informed that they were withdrawing from the cash value in my account. I have also notified their legal department as I am not getting anywhere with their accounting/billing dept. I have not gotten anything resolved and now I get an increase in monthly premiums without due notice or explanation. Please advise on how to proceed.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to hear this. If you have exhausted all internal remedies you should consider filing a lawsuit in small claims court for breach of contract, deceptive trade practices, and fraud. This may get their attention and hopefully address the premium increase. You do not necessarily have to go through to trial but your filing of the suit will certainly result in discussions with someone in authority. I personally have also written letters to the president of one of my insurance carriers and it lead to resolution.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Conseco Life Company is located in Wisconsin and I live in Pennsylvania. Where would I file the Small claims court?

Since they entered into Pennsylvania to do business they are subject to jurisdiction in Pennsylvania.

Let me know if you have additional questions.