Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am a Marine Corp veteran, from 1960 - 1964 after leaving

Customer Question

I am a Marine Corp veteran, from 1960 - 1964
after leaving the corps, I became a Police Officer for Abington Township Police Department. On a Sunday Morning at appox 3-4-am There was a adjoining Police Dept
Pursuing a 17 year old boy for not stopping at a traffic light. The boy turned off his head light to try to loose the pursueing Officer. I was patrolling slowly and checking door fronts
of the business on my beat when the boy who was running from the other Officer ran into my patrol car, crushing my spinal cord. I was taken to the hospital where they operated
on my spine by removing bone from my hip to fuse it to my spine. I was in and out of the hospital for a period of 2 years and then rehabbing at home for 3 years. The Police Force then put me out on a permanently disability. Paying me $1009.00 per month.
The accident occurred in1978 and I was put on pension in 1983 that was 33 years ago.
I need many medicines and the pension has no living increase. I suffer every day with
pain and I am in definite need of financial aid. This week I found out that cancer has
returned to my right lung. The Doctors are going to try radiation to clear it up. I am
73 years old and have been married to my wife for 51 years. Please respond to me at ***@******.*** or(###) ###-#### My name is ***** ***** and now confined to a wheel chair......
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a retired law enforcement officer as well. What was the reason for your denial of benefits under SSDI for your disabling condition?
What is your question for us specifically? Please understand that state law forbids any expert on this site from representing any customer, we can merely provide information to customers to help direct them in getting help and knowledge they need.