Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I want to write a clemency letter son who was

Customer Question

I want to write a clemency letter for my son who was court-martialled in June 12 2015. My son is innocent but the army just used him as a scapegoat. Before he was court-martialled, he held a Phm D degree & already got admission to study general medicine. I need all the information or format of writing such letter please.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thanks. Yes. My son was a Captain in the U.S army, serving in Honolulu Hawaii. This lady bought a ticket and flew to Honolulu to meet my son who was going through a divorce process. On getting to Honolulu, my son picked her up from the airport. She stayed with my son for 9 days. In all these days, she was drinking a bottle of wine every day, they were going out to the beach, sight seeing, on the 7th day, they even went to the porn shop and they bought sex toys & magazines. All the pleas from my son, Capt Uvo, that he did not rape this lady nor forced her fell on deaf eyes. This lady got angry because while she was there with my son in his rented apartment, the pastor of the church that he was attending called him that his wife had reported this matter about the divorce to him and he, the pastor wants them to settle. While this was going on, the lady who accused my son of rape was eavesdropping. She now said " after all this that I have done with you, you still want to settle with your wife?" In the lady's own words, she told my son that you will pay. After leaving Hawaii for about a week to Atlanta, she now cried rape. The army maintain a zero tolerance for anything called rape. My son was court-martialled in June 12 2015. I want to write a clemency letter to the authority because my son was sentence to 20 years imprisonment. This is very, very harsh and unfair.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 12 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. I have plenty of experience with this (I retired from the Marines and the majority of my time was in criminal defense).

I would be willing to work with you via phone/email to get the letter you are requesting. I will send an offer for additional services...if you accept we can commence...though fair warning, it is late for me tonight so would need to work in this with you tomorrow