Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

A friend is financially stranded in Lithuania. He had a hold

Customer Question

A friend is financially stranded in Lithuania. He had a hold placed on his account with Citi bank after having someone trying to access it before he left. he cannot get it reactivated from overv there till he gets back to the states. He has called numerous times. Can he appoint me with power of attorney to access his funds for him? He had also overstayed the allotted 90 days and was fined almost 3000.00 and cannot pay these funds . Can you help with suggestions as what to do?
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 9 months ago.

Hello.

So that I can best help you, can I ask how well you know this person? Like, have you met in person and you have verified that the person on the line is absolutely the person you know?