Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I worked brother without pay was mislead that i was a

Customer Question

I worked for my brother for 7months without pay was mislead that i was a partner and my name was on bank account, when infact it was no. i was supposedly working to pay my part of the business off then had the cops called on me for stealing a truck that he was letting me drive. how do i take care of this matter
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can file a complaint with the UT Wage and Hour Claim Unit (http://laborcommission.utah.gov/divisions/AntidiscriminationAndLabor/wage_claim_unit.html) If they cannot handle your complaint, then you can sue him under the Fair Labor Standards Act for failure to pay wages and you can sue for up to 3 times wages due and attorney's fees as well.
So your next stop is the complaint to the wage claim unit, if they cannot handle, your last option is to file sue.