Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

While watching adult entertainment this morning on my ipad,

Customer Question

While watching adult entertainment this morning on my ipad, I suddenly got a popup notice saying I was in violation of the law. The notice cited several illegalities, including watching child pornography (which I have never intended to watch and do not watch). Instantly sensing this was a scam, I attempted to go to another page, but was unsuccessful.
So instead, I turned my ipad off and on. It came back on and the popup was gone and I was able to navigate successfully. Naturally, I deleted my search history and then took the step of erasing all content from iPad and starting it over again. I've also spent time today erasing history off my desktop computer (just me working at my home) and a laptop I use. Again, I only work for myself so these devices are never networked, not even to one another.
And I've read several articles about malware and the many scams that are run.
Yes, I have viewed adult entertainment frequently -- adult. Yes, effective today I will cease watching it altogether.
Still, should I be worried that the FBI or some other group is investigating me? Or is this just part of the many scams that pervade the Internet these days.
Thank you,
Client H
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?