Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a recoverable corp advance appearing in my pay off

Customer Question

I have a recoverable corp advance appearing in my pay off amount for my home in the amount of 7500. I'm trying to refinance into coventional and it's coming up as a 2nd mortgage. I purchased my home in 2010 and went through the 1st time home buyers program. I can not cmplete my refinance without paying off this amount. How can I get a lien release for this amount?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I originally had my mortgage with suntrust and within the 1st month suntrust sold my mortgage to Us bank. Suntrust has issued me a lien release in that amount however us bank will not accept the lien release as pay off. They stated that i have to retrieve that from the florida housing agency. When you research my pay off amount for my home it shows up as 111,000 however when you request a pay off amount it shows up as 118,000
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your title attorney should be requesting the lien release from FLHA,have you contacted the housing agency yet for the lien release, if that is who placed the fee on the loan. The mortgage company cannot release the fee unless they were the ones who issued the fee, you have to contact the source of the fee for the release and this is something your title attorney should be working with you to get done and if you do not have a title attorney, then you need to contact the actual source of the fee directly to get the release.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
who is the FLHA? Do you mean Fhal?
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, sorry for the typo. Yes, if the Fhal was the one who placed the advance lien, they are the only one who can release it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay Thank you!
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.