Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I just moved to the Dallas area, worked construction company

Customer Question

I just moved to the Dallas area, worked for a construction company that remodels houses for a big rental investor armed Memphis investments, name of company I worked for is west rom, i got an opportunity to sub the work directly, downloaded the app and got my first contract for 12900 dollars on the day I got it the guy I worked for called the guy that gives the contracts and said I stole his workers and did not pay them not true he called all the employees that had worked with me and told them they would be fired if they had any other contact with me I have half a paint job done half a security camera install done these guys just worked evenings and weekends with me, come to find out the guy I worked for Joel west rom was a politician in another state and was convicted of fraud I'm a little guy trying to make it and this guy thinks he can push me around. One of the guys told him we are not communist yet and he or nobody else will tell him what to do when he clocks out from work, as a result I lost the contract with Memphis investments all the rest of the guys are afraid to loose their jobs now I have to hire in other to finish the construction I was doing which were private customers my customers also called the guys to see if they were going to finish they said they were afraid to loose there regular jobs
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Unless you had a signed contract with them nothing prevent you from doing direct work. You may have a claim against west rom for what is called "tortious interference with an existing contract." This claim is based when a 3rd party tries to interfere with another contract between two parties. You have some significant damages not only for the loss of this client but the impact on your relationship with Armed Memphis investments and the potential income from them. I would suggest you talk to a business litigation attorney here in Dallas to pursue the claim. I also practice in Texas so if you would like to talk via phone, we can do that for an additional charge.