LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

If i am in someone else's apartment, and I have my purse in

Customer Question

If i am in someone else's apartment, and I have my purse in their with me, is it considered to become their property once I am in their apart,ment? Can they take my purse or my keys from me? IF the police are called, if they do take my keys, will I get in trouble or is it considered their property once I enter in theor apartment in Deer Park, Texas
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You asked: If i am in someone else's apartment, and I have my purse in their with me, is it considered to become their property once I am in their apart,ment? No, it remains your property under the law. They may not legally take your purse or anything in it. It is still yours, regardless of who's home you happen to be in or visiting.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug