Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I just noticed an speeding ticket in my car. It was my

Customer Question

I just noticed an speeding ticket in my car. It was my father drove my car to utah and got an 270 dollar speeding ticket on July or January 2, 2015, which I cannot see clearly. The location shows in Big water ***** *****. Is there any way I can remove this ticket or what can I do with that?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The copy is not very clear. It shows my father's name and my car.Citation No. is A16894
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If the citation was issued to your father, then it technically has nothing to do with you, and you would not be liable for the ticket just because it was obtained in your vehicle.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Also, unless you are your father's power of attorney or legal guardian, it is not likely that the authorities from the jurisdiction where the ticket was given would even speak with you about it.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

But, you should speak with your dad about the citation and find out what the issue is, whether he paid it, etc. If he hasn't the court has probably issued a bench warrant for him.......this bench warrant wouldn't be something that would be served on him out of state......but if he ever went back to the state where the warrant was issued and was stopped at a road block, etc., he'd likely be arrested on the spot.