Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question about a summons I recently received. I am

Customer Question

Hi...I have a question about a summons I recently received. I am supposed to answer it on Monday and am unsure what I should include in my answer?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's an old credit card with Citibank...it went unpaid during the recession a few years ago and was subsequently "sold" to a couple different collectors...not sure if Citibank charged off the original account (or how I could find that out?)...anyway, I am now in a position to settle the account if that is the best way to get this taken care of and off my credit, etc...but I'm not sure if the statue of limitations has expired or not (I'm in Utah and I think it it's 4 years...but I'm trying to find out when I made the last payment, etc. In the meantime I figure I should answer the summons since I do NOT want a judgment filed, and buy a little time to get some more information.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

With what specific question can I assist?