LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I live beside a private / comminity airport. The airport

Customer Question

I live beside a private / comminity airport. The airport assn. owns both sides of the road on one end of the airport. The county has just closed his road. and given it to the airport,. so the airport can install tie downs. (beside my house) and taxi across this once public road. Have my civirithgt ben stepped on ?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Well, no, your civil rights have not exactly been stepped on. You don't have a civil right to prevent a county from deeding a public roadway to a private party who is charged with maintenance of the road.

You still have the right to ingress and egress to and from your property---that is your right. However, there is no cause of action (lawsuit) afforded you because the county deeded it to the private community.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug