Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Is it wise to use the fifth when accused of fraud?

Customer Question

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...some context would help. Can you provide some context? What is going on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've been charged with fraud (taking of money) in a private club. I'm to go to trial Wednesday and I want to know if I should plead the fifth or answer some or all of the questions asked of me.

Thank you
YOu mention trial...what do you mean? Is this the first appearance (arraignment)? OR have you been arraigned and is this the actual trial (where the jury will be present)?

And do you have a lawyer?