Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a problem that may not be able to be resolved. I

Customer Question

I have a problem that may not be able to be resolved. I worked for a full 6 years with Avon thinking that it was something fun to do. I signed under my Granddaughter who after one year quit. I was having fun getting out and getting to know people, I was told that it was ok as long as I had this thing as my hobby and did not make money or profit there was no need to report to you. The year 2015 saw me begin to work at really trying to make a profit, Now comes the problem, I thought that since my granddaughter had quit everything would be in my name. I worked and earned some money this year in Oregon while my granddaughter did not work and is living in Washington. I received 2015 1099 MISC. but it is in my granddaughters name? can this be fixed as I was the only one working Not her.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Have you alerted Avon's bookkeeping department?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have and they just said that they can not change things as are. I am not able to pay more money sorry but if you can not help with an answer I just think it is a sad way to take money from people who have real problems, just asking for more and more money is not right.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

The additional sum is for additional services (a phone call). Did you wish to continue? I am happy to continue online.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have nothing more to add. I will pray for you and all who work on this sight, takeing money fro nothing, that is why people do not trust layers.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you have any kind of answer?
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the prayers. I can use all I can get.

When you file your return attach a letter to the IRS along with the 1099 (which sum you will include in your return) indicating it was issued in your granddaughter's name by mistake and that Avon refused to issue a corrected one.

That should be the last you hear of it.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Hope I have redeemed your view of lawyers (or, at least, this one)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your time, although Avon has all forms in my granddaughters name that says she earned 5,000.00 not me
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they just have me as a co-applicant under her.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Can she declare the income and you give her the taxes?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?