How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 115442
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a civil complaint against a car dealershicarp

Customer Question

I filed a civil complaint against a car dealershicarp because they sold me a defective car. I won judgement but they filed a praecipe to enter rule to file complaint and rule to file. Doesn't make sense because a complaint was already filed. What do I put in the complaint that was not in the initial civil complaint
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: They sold me a car with a misfire. I didnt know what that meant but the salesman said i would be fine. We had a 50/50 warranty. I asked him let's fix the car and he said I didn't need to and that I would be fine. A month in a half car broke down and they refused to fix it. I didn't take it to them because they are crooks. So, you car sat on a garage for 6 months. I contacted them but they never acknowledged it and in the mean ti,do I had to rent a car. Of note this is the 2nd car from them. The first car lasted 6 months because there was an animal living in it. It never worked properly. It broke down 6 months later that's when they found the animal. These people are crooks and this is a delay strategy. The civil complaint up cited PA laws.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What the dealer is filing is an appeal. The praecipe to enter rule to file complaint and rule to file must be filed as part of the notice of appeal to appeal a case.
So now, what is happening is that the dealer is filing an appeal of the judgment. So you are going to have to prepare to fight them on the appeal and you need to argue their basis for their appeal.